Click on any photo to enlarge it for better viewing.

Friday, March 26, 2010

The Rocky Shore


Pastel 5x7" on Black Canson Paper

Finally another painting.
I'm working hard on getting ocean water and my rocks to look as I intend them too. This one sat unfinished on my painting easil for a week while my computer was rebuilt. All my reference photos are of course....on my computer. This painting I decided to have the sunlight at a low point to the side. I was trying to get more colors into a very boring ref. photo to liven it up. I am scouring all my ocean photos for the next attempt.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. WOW BETSY, this is great. I love what you´ve done with the waves and the colours. I can see you´ve worked hard. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy, the turbulence and movement is incredible! You definitely livened it up dramatically.
    :) Cindy

    ReplyDelete