Click on any photo to enlarge it for better viewing.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Pond At Macks Apples Plein Air



pastel 11x14
Plein Aire
Painted with the Plein Aire Society Of New Hampshire today. They were actually in Londonderry where I live and had several different spots around town. This one is across from Macks Apple stand, a small pond with apple trees in the background. I painted this with a different approach than I usually do, its a broken color tech., where you keep applying color crossing each other to allow it to mix visually with your eyes. I am finding it hard to get my colors as bright as I would in the studio, another lesson to be learned.




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Hi Betsy,
    I'm so glad you are painting and posting again!
    I like the dreamy quality of this painting. Will you explore this technique further?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adriana thank you for looking in. Yes I have been missing in action for awhile. My MS got the best of me, along with everything else. Its good to be painting again.
    I am finding this interesting and got a few artists names that use this technique. Hoping to find so tips. I have always been drawn to paintings with this type of strokes.

    ReplyDelete