Click on any photo to enlarge it for better viewing.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Vermont Farm


An update to my farm painting. I decided give another try at cross-hatching and thought that the farm I had started would be a good base. Since I already had the basic value and hues I found it easier to work in the hatching. So the next one I will take the good advice from my pals on WetCanvas.com and use an under painting. Although the photo I took did not have the hens in it, I think it needed something to anchor it into a life situation. So the hens are mine, good thing a had some photos because none of them would stay put yesterday. I am thinking about putting in a rooster and chicks, I think it still needs a story.
I will put a crop in the next post so you can see the strokes.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! You've made some major changes here! I liked the earlier version.... but I also like this one. This one looks very Fall-ish. I like th addition of the chickens - they do add interest.

    ReplyDelete