Click on any photo to enlarge it for better viewing.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Stormy Dunes


Stormy Dunes 9x12" Pastel on colorfix paper

     This is painting done off the small sketch study that I did recently. The sky was given some colors and the bushes turned into grass clumps. I enjoyed painting this one and spent some time trying to get the shallow water/beach edge to read right. Footprints were added for some interest up close.

     After painting this one I think that I will paint another in a larger format, perhaps I will be daring and go for 16x20".

Thanks for looking as always.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I adore the colours you used, they are so realistic...
    Congratulations!!!
    I can´t wait to see the larger one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy, Magnetic work!
    I still can not get away!
    These colors and mood!.. Superb!
    I have not words only emotions!

    ReplyDelete